Explore your Infinite Potential as a Therapist
Find a group connection.
You will LEARn
Live Connection & Community
Each Month we'll Explore
Explore your infinite potential as a therapist*. Enjoy the emergence and embodiment of your true and wild practitioner self.
The pandemic left many of us feeling depleted and overwhelmed by our work. This group will help you rejuvenate and rediscover the passion that first ignited you.
Together, we create community, and a process to reflect on how our practice has shifted in this changing world. Find the many ways we find stability in uncertainty. Learn to ground this change, and harness our practice to become cutting edge practitioners.
*Therapists, Coaches, Counsellors, Psychologists, Facilitators and people who use relationships as a tool in their work. All are welcome.
Would you like to explore your infinite potential as a therapist to become free enough to permit and enjoy the emergence and embodiment of your true and wild practitioner self?
Many of us feel depleted and overwhelmed by our work. This group will help you rejuvenate and rediscover the passion that first ignited us to do this work.
The pandemic has impacted and challenged us all; this is an opportunity to reflect on how our practice has shifted in this changing world. Where do we find stability in uncertainty? How can we ground this change and harness our practice to become cutting edge practitioners? There are many ways.
The strength of this group will be the process of “self-reflection before action” and continued development of emerging best practitioner self.
Themes we will explore throughout the year:
- Your future therapist self. How are you growing, who have you become?
- Contracting and goal setting.Establishing boundaries and clear expectations with clients to serve you both.
- Working and living with uncertainty and a world in flux.Becoming grounded when the world is shifting, and helping clients through change.
- Therapeutic presence when working online. Establishing connection with your clients online to support the relationship.
- The role of inner critic and parts that react with a backlash. We all deal with inner critics, how to work with them to grow.
- Blocks and edges to freedom and authentic practitioner self. Where are your biggest learning edges, where do you want support?
- Post-traumatic growth – supporting learning and the emergence of self after trauma.
- Rank, power & privilege – learn a deeper way to identify rank and power we usually miss, and how to not misuse rank. How to use power effectively.
- Working at the Edge in Practice. Edges are the boundary that stops us when we want to move forward. You might want to intervene, but can’t, or want to help client at their edges.
- Ethics – often seen as a rule that has to be obeyed. But ethical decisions are unique to the situation and include: our personal ethics; ethics of the organization; laws of the region/country; vulnerability of the client. Learn to make good decisions you can stand by.
The first session will be orientation and introduction, with a focus on our future therapist self.
Though there will be space for specific client work, sessions will focus on personal development.
As preparation for the group, Michele invites you to look at your therapeutic work with an observer’s eye; to notice any blocks or limitations you experience in sessions and if possible, any subtle experience of what might be trying to emerge. Stay curious and have some fun with this. Please get in touch if you have questions.
The group is limited to 10 participants to enable connection and time for each person. Meetings are the last Wednesday of the month, from 12PM-3PM Pacific. Experienced and new practitioners are welcome. Our varied life experiences will help us learn from each other.
We start on February 22nd, will take a break in August, with our last meeting on December 13th (earlier to accommodate end-of-year activities & holidays).
Register for this Course
What is Included in Membership?
Sign me up!
Live attendence &
Lifetime Access to COurse Recording
About Your Teacher
Psychotherapist, Trainer and Supervisor
Based in South West Ireland, Michele is a practicing psychotherapist with over 20 years’ experience including 10 years’ experience in supervision.
Michele approaches supervision as a dynamic process, focusing on creating a collaborative learning space, with the client at the centre. She brings a refreshing, creative approach, incorporating process work, art, movement, nature and humour.
She provides supervision to psychotherapists at different levels of experience; trainees, pre-accredited and experienced therapists, both in private practice and in groups for therapists in organisations.
In 2015 Michele undertook a research project “Keeping Psychotherapy Relevant to These Changing Times” which she presented at the IAHIP conference 2016, and subsequently other supervisory and therapy conferences.
This research has been a core motivation and has informed her practice. It is constantly evolving, tested and upgraded.
In 2018 she presented her paper on the complex role of the supervisor at the IAPOP conference in Dublin. Her talk was about holding the tension between legal and ethical requirements, staying in relationship and supporting each individual client and therapist.
She trained with Dublin Counselling & Therapy Centre as a psychotherapist. She later completed a Masters in Supervisory Practice with NUI, Milltown Institute, Dublin.
Michele maintains a private practice in Kenmare, Co Kerry, Ireland, her home for 30 years. Her work is supported by a daily meditation practice, time spent in nature, swimming, gardening and creative expression through art textiles.
areas of expertise
Sign up for this Online Group!
This is a live, monthly group led by Michele O’Brien.
Included are 9 monthly sessions of 3 hours each.
It’s highly participatory; learn, practice new skills, and connect with peers!
Subscribe to our Newsletter and Stay Updated!
Wherever you are in the world, you can be a part of our vibrant learning community! Contact us with questions or to host your own event through Processwork Online.
Join our Facebook Group!